When I was a kid, long before apps and smartphones, I used to attend something called AWANA. If you’re not familiar with it, it’s a club for kids pre-school aged to teenagers to help learn Bible verses. There are prizes and games and fun involved, all the while you are memorizing the Bible. I loved it! My friends were there and it was fun to compete with each other for who could get through our books first, not to mention that me and my brothers got to stay out “late” on a school night.
Sometimes I put a lot of effort into memorizing verses and other times it was more about “getting through” the verse quickly enough so I could have a leader sign off on it so I could move on to the next verse. That didn’t exactly accomplish AWANA‘s 2 Timothy 2:15 goal to
Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth.
But many of the verses have stuck with me after all this time. When I’m feeling discouraged, scared, or sad, I know that I have verses to quote to help me. But over time, I’ve noticed that the verses I have to recall are fewer and fewer. There are 2 reasons for this:
- I stopped trying to memorize Scripture
- I rely on a quick Google or Bible Gateway search to bring up what I need
But that stops now. If I want to grow my faith, I need to feed my faith. This means spending time in God’s Word, studying it and memorizing it. I can’t know God’s will for my life unless I’m listening to Him.
And that’s when I came across a new app that I believe is The Best App for Growing Your Faith! It’s strange how I stumbled across this app as it was “recommended” to me by Facebook, but I’m so grateful!
The Best App for Growing Your Faith
App: “Verses” by Verses, Ltd. Co.
There are several sections to the Verses app:
- Discover – Memorize verses based on topics or themes such as Living the New Life, Proclaiming Christ, and Advent Passages
- Memory Games – From easy to difficult, use this to aid you in memorization with Tap to Reveal, Listen, Reorder, Word Bank (my favorite), and Type Out
- Memorize with Friends – Add friends for collaboration on verse memorization and accountability
- Progress Tracker – A visual aid in letting you see how much of the Bible you have memorized
The app is free, however it only comes with the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible. If the thee’s and thou’s aren’t your thing, then you can purchase any of the other 6 translations that are available (ranging from $3.99-$6.99).
Download this app and connect with me so we can memorize Bible verses together! I have started a Collection starting in Psalm 1 and would love to add you. How?
- Drop a comment below with your email address and I can invite you, or
- Comment on my Facebook page, or
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for other ways to grow your faith? Click this link to read my Proverbs study.